Thursday, April 06, 2006

For here and now

You know the coolest thing about the Bible is how it applies to our here and now. God is amazing, in that He always seems to provide what we need just when we need it. Our men's small group met this morning to study Philippians 1:3-11. Read it HERE.

That is my prayer for some of my friends this morning, and for those with whom I work. And the coolest thing is to know that I've got some people praying for me today. And I need it.

Did you ever feel paralyzed in prayer? Have you ever felt like you know you want to be in the Lord's presence but just can't seem to get there in your own strength? Then check out this cool story in Mark 2:1-12. The bottom line is that the paralyzed man had some friends carrying him to Jesus' feet. There he received what he needed and wanted. I'm thankful for those carrying my mat today. And who's mat can I help carry today...in prayer?

3 comments:

Chris said...

Not on your own strength - boy do I ever know the feeling. Where would I be without a praying wife? Or parents that God has blessed me with? Or the Sunday School teachers?

Katiekate said...

Bret
this is K8
hi
I am fine and you!
leave a message on my Cbox next time if you want to!
~K8

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Good words, Lord Licorice.