Thursday, April 27, 2006

Waiting...

I hate to wait. I admit it, I'm a product of the "gimme it now" generation. So I really don't like (forgive me, Lord) verses like Psalm 27:14. "Wait for the LORD;be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. " Now notice he says wait twice. That gives me a double dose of waiting. As Henry Blackaby said, "waiting on the Lord will wear you out!" This is one of my favorite quotes.

But do you know what, waiting on the Lord really works! When will I learn this? Just this week, there has been a painful issue going on in my realm of being. My immediate inclination was to "jump right in and try to fix it." The reality was, it wasn't mine to fix. A wise friend said "Brett, stay out of it." That was his way of saying "wait on the Lord." So I tried something new, and listened!!! And guess what? Go ahead, guess....I'll wait....















....it worked!!!! God, not Brett, is working this out! Thank you Jesus for your patience with me and thank you for making me more patient. And by the way, Lord, could you hurry up the process?

2 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

"...they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." - Isaiah 40:31

Jan said...

I agree, waiting is tough, but, as you pointed out, very important in our walk with Christ. I too have learned to become more patient so God can do His thing, His way. It brings such peace into a chaotic world. The world wants us to be frantic so that we don't rest in God...but that's just another one of Satan's ploys. I'm not falling for it anymore! I choose God's plan that leads to peace.