Wednesday, May 10, 2006

You gotta read this

This is the post from my friend Chris's blog this morning. Please read it. He brings up a good point. How do we open up to each other, trusting enough to let us help each other on the journey. Like, God said this: "As iron sharpens iron,so one man sharpens another." (Proverbs 27:17) Wow...so our point in living the journey together is to help each other be sharper...spiritually and schtuff. It reminds me of a Larry Crabb book I read called "The Safest Place on Earth" where he talks about the church being the one place "we turn our chairs toward each other." What a concept. I've since emailed Chris asking him to evaluate my Christian life....the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Anyone else want to take a stab at sharpening my iron? Go ahead, I'll love you for it and I'll be a better Christian (and maybe pastor) because of it...

1 comment:

Chris said...

B- Boy, thanks for the vote of confidence. Coming from you, I'll take it as a compliment.

But seriously...open ourselves up to judgment? Asking others to comment on "problem" areas of our lives? Geez, If I didn't know better, I guess that you'd like me to grow in Christ or something.

But...I do want to grow. Praise God for His mercies that are new every morning!

I'll help you out brother...and you help me out.