Thursday, August 10, 2006

I did it!!!!

Yes...I ran 3.4 miles yesterday, which is about 5 1/2K. That is the first time I've ever actually run 5K at the same time and I lived to tell about it! Now all I have to do is pick a new date for my first race and set my eyes on the prize. What a blast...to accomplish something that you put your mind to. Kinda reminds me of:

Philippians 3:12-14

12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

3 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

On to perfection! Well done.

Jan said...

Good for you!!! Way to go!!!

Prettybird said...

I'm really proud of you! When do the commercial endorsements come pouring in?? Don't forget the little people!

Seriously...well done.

love,
r