Monday, October 02, 2006

Feeling strong!

With each passing week I see more progress in my weightlifting. I made several strides this morning, doing 210 pounds on the pectoral fly machine and 180 on the overhead press. These were 20 and 10 pound gains respectively. I am enjoying my morning workouts and it fun to see the progress. I am up to 150 pounds on the bench press, only about 25 pounds from my goal. At this rate, I should be able to do that in 5-6 weeks.

Yet, I do not find my true strength in my morning gym workouts. I find my true strength in Jesus Christ alone. In our Cornerstone devotions for the day, we are reading Nehemiah 8:10. This is where we are reminded that having joy in the Lord is true strength. I am joyful. Today I am happy, but that is subject to change. I am joyful, though, which is NOT subject to change....only in the sense that it will grow. As I deepen my walk with the Lord and learn to trust Him more, my joy increases! As it does, so does my strength to face all that the world might try to throw at me today.

How about you...are you feeling "strong"?

No comments: