Monday, October 16, 2006

He's Back!

Yes, if you showed up for worship at Cornerstone yesterday, you'll know that I was curiously absent! That's because I was at the wedding of my cousin in Albany NY. I had a great time...traveled by car with my parents and older sister on the way up. It was neat to have the chance to reconnect with them (although they labeled me as obnoxious...can you believe that? How unfair!) Then I rode back with my twin sister and her husband, who also tried to abandon me along the highway somewhere along route 80. (I feel loved!) The wedding was great. It was held in a gorgeous Roman Catholic Cathedral in Albany. The ceremony was really nice...very "high and holy" and meaningful. I was blessed to be able to read Scripture in the service. The reception was at a beautiful country club with much good food! It was nice to spend some time with extended family members that I too infrequently see.

Now I'm back. And I'm happy to be...there is no place like home. I'm looking forward to a new week of opportunities after a weekend of true refreshment...

3 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Glad your trip went well.

Jan said...

Thanks for blogging and being real. I truly enjoy reading so please keep on writing!

Brett Probert said...

Jan,

Thanks...and I enjoy you and your authenticity too. Be blessed...keep the faith...and give it away!!!