Friday, November 10, 2006

The GREAT pastor

First, read this from John 10:7-11!

"I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." (NIV)

Now the word "shepherd" in the Bible is sometimes translated "pastor." That means that Jesus calls Himself the "good pastor." I like to think of Him as the "GREAT PASTOR!"

He is always loving, always holy, always concerned for the spiritual, emotional, and physical well being of others, always looking to see where God is leading, and always faithful to take His people there.

Oh, that I might be a pastor in the footsteps of Jesus...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that we have a Bishop in our connection with the last name, Goodpastor?

- Cliff Claven

Brett Probert said...

No I didn't.

eeeehhh, whaddya say there Normi?

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Bishop Larry Goodpaster serves the Alabama-West Florida Conference. What a great name!

http://www.awfumc.org/page.asp?PKValue=15

Jan said...

Brett, Did I tell you I like the new look of your blog? Well, I do.

Keith, Did I tell you I Iike the new photo of yourself on your blog and comments? Well, I do.

Brett Probert said...

Jan,

Thank you.

Keith, very emerging look.

Brett

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Tryin' too "loosen up" a bit; I'm still wearing the collar as well, though. And the robe!