Friday, November 03, 2006

The role of a friend...

If you read this passage from Proverbs 27:5-6, you'll see how friendship is elevated to a new level for the Christian. Go ahead and read it. I'll wait here.


Thanks for coming back. Good stuff eh? Or should I say God stuff? God is showing us that as friends in Him, we need to be open and honest with each other even if it hurts. Why? So that we can be nasty and not care about others' feelings? No. In fact, it is for just the opposite reason.

If we are desiring to grow in our faithfulness and holiness to the Lord, it is tough to do it alone. We are often not the best judges of our own character and struggles. If we have a brother or sister in Christ who will be honest with us, in order to help us to grow, then we have a much broader picture of who we really are.

I appreciate my friends who will love me enough to be truthful with me. Thank you!

(PS: Is there something you've been meaning to tell me?!?!)

No comments: