Monday, December 25, 2006

Never too old!

For toys, that is. My dearest Carla got me a toy for Christmas!!! A remote controlled snowmobile. It is awesome...luckily, it goes on grass and stuff too since we seem to be snow deprived this winter in the greater Pittsburgh area. I can't wait for snow even more now so I can play with it on the drifts! Talk about a gift that brings great joy!

And isn't that just how our God is too? Always giving gifts...ones we don't ask for...ones we don't deserve...ones will never earn...ones that bring true joy. On this Christmas, thank God for bringing Jesus into the world and into your life. Any may you look forward, if not to the snow, then to the joy that He will bring to you as you give yourself back to Him!! Merry Christmas, and "God bless us, every one!"

3 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

God bless you both this Christmas week! Robyn got me a harmonica; maybe I'll play along with some of the praises in Grove City next June!

Abby said...

At least you've had some snow! we haven't had any in the greater Harrisburg Area. well, i guess we've had a few flurries here and there, but nothing stuck, because the ground isn't completely frozen. but i do hope it will snow at least a few inches later on this season.

well, Merry Chirstmas!

Chris said...

Sorry about the no snow Brett. Thats my mom's fault. She got us snowshoes last Christmas, so don't expect snow anytime soon....I do have to say though that they (the snowshoes) worked great in a children's sermon!