Friday, January 26, 2007

My Window on the World


Here is a view from my office window this morning. Isn't it beautiful...the snow? I wish I could just take the day off and go for a long walk in the winter woods. For now, the view from my office window will have to do.


And isn't that like our relationship with the Lord? The apostle Paul said "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." (1 Corinthians 13:12 NIV)


We really have such a small view of God and of the realities of His presence in our lives. We only see such a small part, but it pulls us into a greater desire to know Him more. Just as my little view on the world from my window beckons me to the greater realities of winter, so does my view of God. Maybe I'll read a little more Scripture today....maybe I'll spend a little more time in prayer...maybe I'll put on some praise music...and make that window just a little bit bigger today...

4 comments:

Chris said...

Isnt' the snow grand? Its what I got Jan for her birthday!

Brett Probert said...

I LOVE it!!!! I've been playing w/ my remote control snowmobile...one of the neighbor dads is jealous! I told him we don't have kids so we have to buy our own toys! Have you used the snowshoes? I've never tried that but it sounds like a blast.

Chris said...

Have not used the snowshoes yet...to be honest, I am not sure how much snow we need for them to work.

I thought you were taking Fridays off?

Brett Probert said...

No, I've been taking Saturdays off when I can. Carla is in school on Fridays so what fun is a day off without your best buddy? So I take Saturdays. Thanks for keeping me accountable!