Friday, March 09, 2007

Back in the Day...


When I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Zaire, I stumbled across a Bible verse that has stuck with me ever since. It is also the "verse of the day" for Cornerstone.
Proverbs 16:3: "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."
A couple of thoughts:

1. We cannot commit our plans TO the Lord until our plans are OF the Lord... So as I think about my calling and purpose in life, I want to make sure my plans are His plans and give them over to Him.

2. Commit...an uncommon concept in contemporary American society. Lord, help me to truly commit...to promise to begin and end...my plans to you.

3. What plans do you have? What do you need to commit to Him?


3 comments:

Randy Roda said...

Thanks Brett...I will think about what you wrote as I am trying to discern whether or not God wants me to lead a small group at Wesley Church. Good food for thought.

Keith H. McIlwain said...

How long were you in Africa; do you miss that kind of ministry?

Brett Probert said...

I was there almost 2 1/2 years...and yes, I do miss it.