Monday, April 02, 2007

"Holey" Week


Yesterday as the people called Cornerstone worshiped together, we were reminded that we are in Holy Week. But we also were reminded that this week, as always, is holey week. People's lives are full of holes....
...so many have a holey Sunday because they're not in worship...
...so many have holey hopes because they put their faith in wealth or material possessions or sin-scarred relationships...
...so many have a holey faith because they're living by some feel good philosophy of life...
This holy week, I want to reach out to those who are having a holey week, and I want to show them the holes in Jesus' hands that make all the difference...
This holy week, I want to reach out to those who are having a holey week, and show them an empty tomb that makes all the difference...

5 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Holy Week? Slow down, Brett; next thing you know, you'll be using the Book of Common Prayer!

Greg Cox said...

Excellent Post! My message yesterday centered on the fact that Jesus died between the "ups" of Palm Sunday and Easter, because that's where we live - in between the ups. Jesus became broken, so that in our brokenness, we might be made whole. Kind of like filling those holes.

Peace Brother

Jan said...

I really like that word play. I'm sure it spoke to many needing to find wholeness in Christ. Blessings.

Randy Roda said...

When confronted by the wounds of Christ, I am reminded of how many holes that are still in my life. I must remind myself that most of them are god-shaped and can easily be filled. Sometimes it is hard not to fill them with the things of this world. Thanks for reminding me that there is hope.

Chris said...

cracked, broken, full of holes. Jesus takes them all...restores them all. Praise God!