Thursday, November 08, 2007

Standing on the Rock

I have been trying to do some Scripture memorization of late. I haven't been very faithful to that at all over the past few years and as God has been speaking to me lately, He has encouraged me to memorize and stand on His Word. My verse for the week is Psalm 18:2. "The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer. God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."


Thank you Lord for your faithfulness to me and for being a Rock to me when I am on unsteady ground. May I look to you for strength and wholeness with each passing moment.

5 comments:

Jeff Kahl said...

I confess I'm not very good at Scripture memorization myself, but I definitely affirm your commitment to it.

Great verse to start with!

Anonymous said...

Aren was talking to me yesterday, and she shared her favorite bible verse. It made so much sense, and I see how she tries to live by it. I love so many verses, but I thought, I need to find a favorite too. Children are such an inspiration for us!! Have a blessed,Joyful, and scripture type of day!
Sandy Morris

Keith H. McIlwain said...

That's a great verse to memorize!

Randy Roda said...

You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great practice. I am currently working on Job 17:9 "Yet the righteous hold to their way, and they that have clean hands grow stronger and stronger."