Monday, February 18, 2008

Quick Updates!



First, 5 of us from C3 pulled a 37 hour round trip road trip to South Dakota to attend the funeral of our good friend's father. Our drummer Mike's dad passed away after a hard battle so five of us from our men's group and "boy band" went to support him. What an awesome church we have!!!



Then our youth did the 30 hour famine this weekend and it was awesome. We may not have the biggest youth group in the free world, but I am proud of how our kids are growing and going in ministry. Good schtuff...or should I say, God schtuff!!!





I am having surgery tomorrow to fix my torn ACL in my right knee. I'll be absent from bloggerland for a while (I can hear the cheers now...)




Here is my latest update to our congregation: www.cornerstoneumchurch.org/family/brettupdate.htm

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Will be praying for you way over here in Bukavu earthquake territory, Brett. I hope you don't use all that time to come up with another "offensive" blog :) I know, that's offensive. Tough!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Brother,

I will be lifting you in prayer tomorrow as you go in for surgery. If you or Carla need anything, let us know. God's love to you this evening.

Greg Cox said...

Call us if Carla needs anything. If you need anything, well, ask her.

Brett Probert said...

Linda...thanks! Comment ca va?

Thanks Jeff. I can't believe you made the cover. You rock.

Greg. Carla says thanks. I'll say what I want to say to you the next time I see you in person. In the meantime, you can expect a visit from Tanya Harding's bodyguard.

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Praying for you.

Beetlegirlvw said...

Surgery?! OH no! I'll be praying for yah!

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for a fully successful surgery for you tomorrow. As soon as you are back on your feet - we'll have you over to play Wii with us!

I am so happy to hear the "boys" road tripped to SD for Mike. You guys ROCK!
:)

Jan said...

Hope all went well today. Let us know if you "kneed" anything. Blessings,