Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just When I Needed You Most...

I love that song. Makes me cry every time, and I love to cry! I'm a lachrymaniac! Anywho, I got a call this morning from an old friend. I haven't talked to her in a long time...maybe a year or two. She's in trouble. She has just spiraled in the last while...drinking, arrests, got fired from her jobs...she has hit bottom.

Why she called me, I'm not sure. But she said that she basically has nobody left. All of her recent friends are a bad influence and she needs to end those relationships. All of her old friendships, her Christian ones, are gone. Now she is alone.

So I shared with her one of my favorite stories from the Bible...Mark 2:1-6. The bottom line is that she is paralyzed. She knows she needs to get to Jesus, but is too paralyzed to get there. She needs friends on the corners of her mat to carry her there...at any cost. I want to be one of those friends...

Christians brothers and sisters, Jesus never, ever leaves us. Never. For any reason. He never gives up. So why do we sometimes give up on people just when they need us most? Not that they really need us, but they may need us to carry them to Jesus feet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree and I hope that she finds Jesus and herself for that matter and can get back on the right track.