Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Shack...


So one of the books I read on vacation was "The Shack." Who's read it? What did you think?
Here are some of my reactions:
The book wasn't necessarily a smooth read, but the subject matter kept me engaged to the end (which is rare for me!).
Obviously the book wasn't written as a theological treatise and we could play games all day about the theological "problems" with the book (as we do about every book, even the Bible!).
My greatest reaction was it got me to thinking very differently about how the Lord wishes to interact with His people and how He views this life of ours very differently than we do. That was very enlightening and very refreshing, indeed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also read The Shack and came away with a different outlook on a few things the main one is that we in general get bogged down in the details of events that happened. We don't really see that we don't need to know all of the drama but that we need to trust in the lord and allow him to work.

Unknown said...

I read the book last year, and could not put it down? I agree that everything wasn't as smooth as it could have been both in writing style and content, but what an amazing book. It really makes you view God as a very personal being that anyone and everyone could become best friends with. And more importantly, it makes you realize that God is in control and knows what he (or she in this case) is doing. We just need to relax and trust God (HEY where have I hear that before!)