Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Why Does It Take So Long?


So yesterday I got to wondering, how long has it been since they brought the self-adhesive stamps into mainline use. I learned some very interesting things. Like they used them in tropical cultures long before here in the motherland. And that the total transition from "licky" stamps to the self-adhesive ones took 10ish years. And by 2002, they were the only consumer stamp available. Fascinating....
...if you think about why it took so long! I mean, I was born in '65 (that's 1965 for your four-digit date code people) and some of my earliest recollections were of sticker books. And some of those sticker books contained a new technology known as self-adhesive stickers! So why did it take so long for the USPS to figure that out?
But isn't that life? It seems to take us forever to become aware and to effect change. I know it's that way in the church! Maybe, just maybe, we don't use our imaginations enough! Maybe we're just too busy to sit and think! Maybe we're so focused on results that we don't ponder a completely different outcome...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makes me a little nervious to give the feds my health care. Imagine the ER waits!!!


Madawg