Sunday, December 20, 2009

And the Lord sayeth "Behold! I watcheth over the clunker!"


So I'm driving along the other day in my "quart of oil every 1,000 mile/gallon of antifreeze every 2,000 mile/quart of tranny fluid every 3,000 mile" ten year old Saturn when alas, there is a buck.  I mean alas too 'cause there was like no time whatsoever to do anything about him.  He was big and beautiful and running about 275 miles/hour.  I hit the brakes just about the same time I hit him!  BAM!

So I'm thinking...great...there goes my beautiful clunker of a car.  Prolly took out the radiator and all those doo-hickey's under the hood.  I pulled over into a parking lot, got out of the car, and to what did my wondering eyes appear?  But a couple of strands of deer hair on the hood.  That's it.  No dents (OK, that's a lie...no NEW dents!), no broken anything (OK, again...no NEW broken stuff), no steam from under the hood (or at least more steam than it usually puts out...keeps the wrinkles in the hood under control...).  And I'm like, literally, thank you Lord!

At this time when I'm stepping out on faith, looking down a new uncharted road, and buying a house, I don't need to Bambi-ize my poor car.  Thank you Lord for watching over the clunkers...both the cars, and the people!

2 comments:

heather_bixler said...

You know, it's so funny that this happened to you, because I had a similar experience last week - not with a deer, but with the ice. On my way to church, I literally made it 1/4 mile from my house when on a hill I slid on the ice and did a complete 180 degree turn, ending up facing the complete opposite direction. This was a miracle because 1) On my busy street, no one was behind me to hit me, 2) no one was in front of me for me to hit, and 3) my car was in no way damaged. Since I was already pointed towards home, I figured that was God's message that I should go there and just stay inside for the day. I had no problem going back up the hill, either. So, instead of majorly injuring myself, others, or my totally paid-off car, God protected me (and my baby savings fund) to live another day. He is so good - ALL THE TIME! Blessings!

Brett Probert said...

Sweet! Preach it sista!