Tuesday, February 16, 2010

#&*#@$%*!

So yesterday was just one of those days I guess.  It started out OK, but for whatever reason, my nerves were a mess.  I was disappointed in myself for not having better control of my kids at TPP.  Then I walked outside to slip and slide to my car, only to clean it off again...only to not be able to get up the street and had to find an alternative route home.  Then I had to shovel our sidewalks and parking places, again.  Then I was going to try to fix the brand new lamp that arrived yesterday but alas, I broke it worse.  And I guess I just snapped.

The stream of filth from my mouth wasn't pretty.  I felt bad for Carla who was privileged to witness this all.  (She is SO gracious!!!)  But I guess I just had to get it all out.

So last night I didn't sleep very well, mostly because I was regretting the way I lost control.  I was reminded of these verses:

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.  (James 1:20-21)

Boy amen to that.  And thank God that we have forgiveness!  I'm giving my mouth over to Him today that I might use it to bring glory, honor, and praise...  I'll let you know how that works out for me just as soon as I deal with those kids, and that hill, and the shoveling, and that stupid-piece-of-crap-no-good-cheap-monkey-metal lamp...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Profanity is the sign of weak mind trying to express itself" Everytime I let one fly that comes back to haunt me!

Brett Probert said...

Amen, unfortunately!

Anonymous said...

kind of like on national lampoons christmas vacation? we all have our bad days. keep at it pastor

Brett Probert said...

Exactly like Christmas vacation!!! Hallelujah...where's the Tylenol?

Anonymous said...

Although Chevy Chase's rant in Christmas Vacation is truly a work of art!

Anonymous said...

Normally it feels like when you have one bad thing happen in a day there are many other things that follow. I am loving what anonymous said about a weak mind...interesting and neat. I am always trying to watch what comes out. Normally I try to say curse, cuss....like in the video. Miss ya and have a great day.

Brett Probert said...

Thanks. I gotta remember that cuss, cuss, curse, cuss thing next time. Miss you too!