Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kids!

So let me just tell you how much I love working with the kids God has put in my life at The Pittsburgh Project.  My main responsibility is 3rd and 4th graders and we do all kinds of things...games, Bible studies, prayer and worship, tutoring, ecology, performing arts, field trips, and the like.  Good times are to be had by all!!!

But what really trips me up every time is their humor and their love for life.  The other day I was "in the face" of one of my third grade boys trying to reel him into control and scare him into some respect.  While I'm in his face with my voice slightly raised and my face working hard to look serious and stuff, he says "Mr. Brett, did you shave today?  You need to shave...your whiskers are getting long." 

So I'm like trying to keep from laughing and maintain my tough guy stance, but to no avail.  I busted out laughing, and he did too.  Thank you Jesus for the joy you show us in the lives of kids.  Thanks for reminding us that we must become like them to truly experience the kingdom of God...

3 comments:

Bekah said...

dear Brett.

That is AWESOME! hahaha I love that kid!
Glad you're enjoying yourself at the Pittsburgh Project! ;)

Bekah

Brett Probert said...

Thanks Bekah. Like, I miss you!

Raylen Darby said...

Thats hilarious! Hey did you ever play "grEEn glaSS dOOrs" or the game with the objects on the table and your fingers with the kids. I wonder if it would take them like an hour and a half to figure it out like us. Well I hope to see you soon.

Raylen