Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I can handle the pain until it hurts...

I love bluegrass music and one of my daily haunts is a great site called iBluegrass. Every day they have a goofy thought for the day. Today is "I can handle pain until it hurts." Good point. I never really thought about it, but that pretty well describes me. As I have been working out at a local gym, I think I know what this guy is talking about!!

At Cornerstone Church of Cranberry we are doing daily devotions that go along with the weekly message. You can access them here. Today, the reading is from Romans 8:22-27 which you can read it online here. The theme for this week is patience. And how appropriate that when we deal with patience, we think about pain. Isn't it painful to wait? Isn't that why Paul, who wrote Romans on God's behalf, talks about the groaning that we feel? Isn't it cool that God wants to help us bear the pain? He says that His Holy Spirit will come along side of us and pray for us when we're in too much pain to pray. He reminds us that He knows our thoughts, our hurts, our struggles, our secrets. And in that, He takes our case to God. All this we have in Jesus, that is, if you have Jesus.

Lord, I can handle pain today, until it hurts! Thanks for taking it from there!!!!

No comments: