Saturday, March 11, 2006

Saturdays...

What a wierd day, especially for me. I take Fridays off to spend with Carla (PS: we had fun yesterday...pretty much just goofing, gutiars, Shadrach, take-out Chinese, Scrabble, and a babysitting mission....). That makes Saturdays like Mondays but with a twist. Tomorrow is my favorite day of the week. I love to worship (read: tell God I love Him!). I love to fellowship (read: be with other people who want to tell God they love Him too!). I love to preach (read: God telling us He loves us more than we can ever love Him!). So I never dread "going back to work" on Saturday (remember, that's my Monday). It is a day of preparation and anticipation. As a Christian (read: someone who understands and accepts that God loves us and that He proved it by showing up in the world...coming to our level...in Jesus), we ought to experience life differently. On Monday, I plan to offer my (read: worthless!) view of Mondays and how the world and the church should differ on that.

Tonight, it is off to Mars (PA, not the planet) to see a couple of our Cornerstone youth in the musical "Bye, Bye, Birdie". Break a leg Marissa and Mackenzie!

1 comment:

Prettybird said...

I've actually been to Mars, PA and had a lot of friends from dancing school there. Are you going to Mars High School? Wonder if any of that family is still there. Two of the brothers were football coaches at one time. Hope it was great!