Thursday, March 09, 2006

Small groups...

I just returned from our Thursday morning men's Bible study group. What a blast. I find myself looking more and more forward to this time of the week. It is great to hook up with people who are trying to walk the same journey, but all with different perspectives. We laugh together, sometimes cry a little, and dig deeper and deeper into our souls and God's. I find that one of the greatest ways to better understand the heart of God in Jesus Christ is to do so with a group of others. It gives perspective, accountability, fun, wisdom... If you're not in a small group, consider joining one. At Cornerstone Church of Cranberry we offer a wide variety of choices...

I'm still trying to lean on God. In Exodus 14:15, God tells Moses to quit praying and start moving. I guess there is a time for both...I pray today that I'll keep my face turned towards the Lord at every turn (praying) and I'll be faithful to go where He leads me (service).

4 comments:

Prettybird said...

Hi Brett! Keep up the good work. I like the energy in your posts. You really have a lot of enthusiasm. Also, you should try to find that "Life is Good" image of the stick guy playing guitar with the sandals that is on one of your t-shirts. It looks just like you. Be well!

r

Brett Probert said...

Thanks. And also with you!!!

Chris said...

Brett,

We are in the middle of a small group push. We are focusing around a sermon-series and small group study on the book, "Too Busy Not To Pray". It seems to be working ok, and have some good participation, but my question is, how to get thoise who want it to sign up for it?

Brett Probert said...

Good question. Part of it is good advertisement. But part of it is personal invitation. The age of the volunteer is dead, and it is time for the church to realize that. Target your people, and invite them.