Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Together...

Read THIS. These are today's devotions for the Cornerstone family. Pretty cool that God doesn't want us to live this Christian journey alone. We need each other. Notice in verse 23 of Hebrews 10 that the words are we and us, not I and me. And the Lord goes one to challenge us as to why. We are to spur one another on to love and good deeds. In other words, we need to help each other to grow! It's so hard to grow alone. And that is also why it is so crucial to meet together...for worship, for prayer, to study, to pray, to fellowship. This is where we see God at work more completely.

What about you? Where do you need "spurred on?" For me, it is in my daily devotional time. I get too busy and distracted. I need encouraged, and maybe chastised, to be more faithful. Any other brave ones out there willing to let us help you grow?

1 comment:

Brett Probert said...

Ben...I'm with you. Philippians 3:13-14 have been my battle cry of late...PRESS ON! I want to press on toward the prize. The prize, the way I read it, is to walk heavenward w/ Jesus. I don't think heaven is the only prize...I think being with the Lord today is heavenwardly living...that's the prize! I'm focusing on it today!