Monday, April 10, 2006

The Light of the world...

...and boy could I use some!! Jesus said in John 8:12 that He is the light of the world. He goes on to say that if we follow after Him, we will not have to walk in the darkness. He is a light for our path and illumines in us what is of Him. So today I am trying to allow Jesus to be my light...to the One who brightens my world and brings to light that which HE wants me to see.

And I need it, for the world is very dark. The darkness of the world tempts me away from Jesus with infinite temptations. The darkness of the world shows me despair, and lies, and filth. The darkness of the world brings up my past and my faults. The darkness of the world shows me that I'm number one...that I'm the only one or thing that matters.

So Jesus, be my light today. Help me to allow you walk before me as a flashlight. Show me you. Show me hope. Show me Truth. Show me purity. Show me forgiveness. Show me what I can be in you today. Show me that it isn't about me, but that it is all about YOU!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Amen to that. Why do I spend so much time stumbling in the dark when all I have to do is look to Jesus for the light?