Thursday, May 18, 2006

Vision!

"Where there is no vision, the people perish." This is one possible translation of Proverbs 29:18. I'm not sure if it is a legitimate translation or not, but it sure makes sense. I have been mulling this over for some time. How easy it is, especially in leadership, to be drawn off the task of seeking after the Lord and where He is taking us. How easy it is to be sucked into the maintenance of the day or the "tyranny of the urgent." How hard to find the time to ask, and answer, "what will this ministry look like in 2009?" Or "what will the nature of youth ministry look like 5 years from now and what do I need to be doing about it today?" So, we look to what Jesus did....

He went up on the mountain to pray...

So must I. Tomorrow, I'm taking the day off. But Saturday, I'm going to schedule some time to go up on the mountain to pray. I really need to listen to Jesus for a while to make sure I have it right where He is leading me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just what I have been feeling that I need...so I guess I should schedule some time also

Keith H. McIlwain said...

May God bless you in your time of seearching. I'll say a special prayer for you today.