Monday, June 12, 2006

Annual Conference

Well, today is my only day in the office at Cornerstone. I am making final preparations for Annual Conference. This is the yearly gathering of equal representation of lay people and clergy to celebrate and make decisions regarding ministry in the Western Pennsylvania region. I am really looking forward to it this year for several reasons. The first of which is my friends. I am developing some really good friendships with some fellow pastors and I will get to spend some time with those guys. Secondly, I am leading the youth praise team and working with the youth pages and delegates at Conference. Working with our youth always reminds me of why I do what I do. And lastly, our Conference is at a crossroads. We will be doing some honest visioning and debating about where the Lord is leading, and how to get there. Please pray for me while I'm away. Please pray that I might have Godly wisdom in decisions that need to be made. Also, pray for me while I share a little snapshot of Cornerstone Church before all of the Conference. I've been asked to celebrate what God is doing here as a way of helping people see the need for starting new churches. I will miss my friends at Cornerstone, but I'll be back refreshed and encouraged, for sure!