Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Without a Vision...

OK, I'm letting you in on a little secret. I'm giving you a heads up about Sunday's message. I'm very excited to be preaching on this. Now first, go HERE and read the passage of Scripture. I have it here in 5 different translations. Go ahead, read it. I'll wait....



Thanks! Cool Scripture, eh? There are different variations in the different translations because different people read and interpret the Hebrew differently. But the bottom line is this: we must look to see what God is up to. We must see where He is going. We must look to His future, not ours. We must have a direction, and it must be His, or we're in trouble.

Can I paraphrase it for you? "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!" We need to be people of vision, and that vision needs to be of God and where He is leading.

This is what I'll be sharing in Cornerstone's worship on Sunday. Join us, and be prepared!!!

1 comment:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

There's a story of a church which had this passage quoted in wood blocks over their chancel. They received a new pastor who really urged them to develop their ministry and catch God's vision, but the church was more interested in doing things as they'd been done for decades.

At any rate, after serious resistance, the pastor decided to leave, and, on his final Sunday, noticed that one of the wooden letters had fallen; the quote then read: "Here there is no vision, the people perish."

Powerful illustration...if I remembered the source, I'd let you know.