Thursday, July 13, 2006

Interruptions...

Ok, check this story out: Mark 2:1-12. Our Vacation Bible School coordinator (thank you, and God bless you Sandy!) and were talking this morning about this as one of the stories we'll be sharing with our kids. This seems to be a typical day in the life of Jesus. He gets up, probably with a plan, just like the rest of us. Then, as the day unfolds, nothing goes according to the plan! Sound familiar? Well first have peace in knowing that Jesus knows what you're going through. In fact, it is His reality too.

Then, look at what He did. He did not do what Brett does (which may explain why the WWBD fad never really caught on!). He doesn't see these events as interruptions to His carefully planned day. He sees them as opportunities for ministry!

So today is another training day...another day for me to be more like Jesus. And in it, I am trying to see all the interruptions of this day as Jesus does...as opportunities share Him! Help me, Lord!

4 comments:

Prettybird said...

Greetings from the Jefferson Hills Public Library. Nothing has gone as planned lately, but it's been just wonderful. So wonderful that I feel like I'm in some creepy movie where all seems well until...well, until something creepy happens. We are really blessed. We've seen more wildlife in the past week than in 4 years in "the country". Now I need to get my butt in gear and read my bible some. Just wanted to say hi. No blogging yet (I know you're dying for those daily knitting updates), but soon. God is good!

Love,
r

Brett Probert said...

Praise the Lord...for He is good! I'm glad you're happy! That is prayer answered...

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»