Wednesday, July 12, 2006

JOY!

At Cornerstone, we offer daily devotions that relate to our theme of worship for the week. They can be found by clicking HERE. Todays devotion is taken from Nehemiah 8:10. This has always been a favorite verse of mine, and it seems to go along with my reading of "The Life You've Always Wanted." Isn't it so neat how God is so wanting to line up the things of our lives to point us to Him? Why don't we pay better attention? JOY, and not just any joy. But the JOY of the Lord! Why are we so joyless sometimes? I have to say that church people (notice I didn't say Christians!) are the most joyless people. C'mon...if we have Jesus, we can't help but have joy! So today, I am happy. And I think I know why...because I have the Lord, and His joy is my strength! How about you?

No comments: