Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Mirror, mirror on the wall....

Today was a mirror day. It seems everywhere I looked, there was a mirror involved. I started my day off as usual at the gym. Mirrors everywhere. My friend Chris and I travelled to Crafton for our accountability group meeting today and almost got sideswiped by someone playing with their mirror. The guy in the car in front of me on the way to the ministry center this evening looked in the mirror and ran his fingers through his awesome hair at least fifty gillion times. Shadrach, our pooch, was lying on the floor looking at himself in the mirror of our curio cabinet today. Half the woman I pass along the road seem to be fixing their makeup in their car mirrors. Mirrors everywhere....

Which gets me to thinking about the metaphor for my life. Jesus said in Matthew 5:14 that we, the believers, are the light of the world. He went on to say that we're to let our lights shine as we do righteous things and allow the Father in heaven to receive the glory. Which really kinda means that we're not the light, just the mirrors. Our lives are meant to reflect Jesus to a lost and hurting world.

I have had a very hard week. I am tired, and weary. I think I need to go clean my mirror...

3 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

You are in our prayers.

Brett Probert said...

Ben...that'll preach, and just did! Can't wait for lunch!

Prettybird said...

Do you remember what they had on the big monitors at Conference? It was a black screen and it said

+ > I

or something that looked like that.

The big thing isn't "I"...it's the Cross...Christ.

Sometimes I think I need the important messages broken down into the absolutely simplist terms...just pictures and symbols...Salvation for Dummies!

Be still and know that he is God.

(and don't forget that it's important to REST!)

love,
r