Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Music to calm a weary soul!

Can I tell you how much I love music? Thanks, because I really do. I believe music is a gift from God that is meant to connect our heart to His. Here are some current favorites:

1. My bluegrass gospel sessions...you know, just me and my amazing Collings D1A guitar playing and singing bluegrass music that glorifies the Lord!
2. Third Day - what a cool group...
3. Chris Rice: Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus) - I cry everytime I hear and sing this song...
4. Dave DeMarco - He is a local (New Brighton) guy who writes and leads some amazing praise music...actually saw him live leading worship at Orchard Hill Church a few weeks ago...
5. Anything our Cornerstone praise band leads...what a blast and what great friends to share music and our love for the Lord with!

4 comments:

Jan said...

I agree! I love music too. Some of my favorites are... CeCe Winans, Nichole Nordeman, Natalie Grant, Mary Mary, and Kathy Troccoli. They are Rockin'!!!!

Keith H. McIlwain said...

I had a great morning listening to oldies (Be-Bop-a-Lula, Ready Teddy, Slippin and Slidin, on and on) performed by John Lennon. Music is truly a gift from God! Few things stir my soul as much as good music!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to get your take on something completely unrelated. What do you make of this whole "Mel Gibson scandal"? Do you think that this is coincidence that he's been labeled "anti-Semitic" just two years after his moving Passion of the Christ? Just curious as to your opinion on things.

BTW, music is DEFINITELY one of God's most amazing creations.

Brett Probert said...

Jennifer,
First of all, I never saw the movie "The Passion"! I hope that doesn't disqualify me from either this discussion or from heaven! Secondly, I think Satan will use anything diversion to steal our joy...and I'm not gonna let him! This kind of media nonsense just saps the joy we have in Jesus. I don't know Mel Gibson's heart, but the Lord does. I know that what is happening in the world is sad, but it is not because of Mel, or Jews, or Hizbollah, or anyone else. It is happening because this world needs Jesus. And He has chosen us to share Him. Let's work hard to be faithful...today...in the moment...the need is immediate...