Monday, December 18, 2006

Only 7 more sleeps!

I don't know about yins, but I am getting excited for Christmas. As a pastor, I love the time of the year where I can breathe a little. Christmas in the church is a time to have NO meetings!!! Christmas in the church is a time where I can sneak in a little "goofing off" time! Christmas in the church is a time to "be the church" and not just talk about it. I love it.

I love the candlelight Christmas Eve service.

I love our "new" friends at Cornerstone to share this sacred holyday with.

I love spending time with my family at Christmas.

I love buying gifts, and giving them, and yes, getting them.

I love Christmas morning, by the fire, sharing the Christmas story from Luke 2 with Carla.

I love Christmas, but mostly because I love Jesus!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

We have also tried to make it a tradition to read Luke 2 on Christmas morning. We however read it in bed with Pearl.

Abby said...

Amen to the family part! i love spending Christmas eve and day with my grandparents. on Christmas Day we just hang around their house, and different friends/extended family come and go. i really like it. i told my mom a year or two ago, i really like it that we don't have to go between both grandparents in one day. both sets of grandparents live two hours away from each other, so it'd be quite the journey. so i really love just hanging out at my grandma's house all day on Christmas day, and then going to my Gran's house later in the week.