Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow!!!

We all know that God loves bluegrass...but did you know that He loves snow too?

See: Isaiah 1:18-19 - "Come now, let us reason together,"says the LORD."Though your sins are like scarlet,they shall be as white as snow;though they are red as crimson,they shall be like wool. If you are willing and obedient,you will eat the best from the land. (NIV)

And then in Job 37:5-6, we learn that "God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding. He says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth.' (NIV)

I am thankful for the snow today...its beauty, that fact that God sent it to us, and the metaphor behind it!

(Plus I'm glad I get to play with my new remote control snowmobile Carla got me for Christmas!!!)

4 comments:

Greg Cox said...

You and the snow mobile, and Chris and Jan with their snow shoes can remember Tracy and me while we are on the snow white beaches of the caribbean!

Brett Probert said...

You dog you! Have fun... you two deserve it!!!!

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Love the snow...wish we had more.

Anonymous said...

I am trying to have a better attitude about the snow! It is beautiful, but boy, it makes me stay inside more--if I had a toy
snow mobile that might make it much more fun for me too...ha. ha.
S. Morris