Saturday, January 20, 2007

Whiskey Before Breakfast

Not something I generally practice, until yesterday that is. OK, I'm talking about the bluegrass song "Whiskey Before Breakfast" which I am learning. My latest endeavor is to improve on my bluegrass flatpick skills. After a trip to see Steve last week, he hooked me up with a Steve Kauffman book to take me to the next level. So I've been working on the intermediate versions of Whiskey Before Breakfast and Turkey in the Straw. I'm having fun pushing myself to learn some new things and all the while enjoying the best guitar money can buy! God is good!

Psalm 33:1-3 says "Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him. Praise the LORD with the guitar; make music to him on the six string Collings. Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy. (NIV) (I only changed it a little!)

Yeah...what He said!!!!

3 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

I've been working on my harmonica...primarily blues-style. Music is one of God's greatest gifts!

Brett Probert said...

Cool! Keep it up...someday we'll get together and jam!

Prettybird said...

Sweet. One of my favorite sounds is acoustic guitar. Not harmonica. Now what idiot bought that man a harmonica for Christmas? Yeah. That would be me.

The guitar itself is beautiful. I love the woodgrain and the detail on the neck is fantastic. Is it mother of pearl or what?

Very nice. Isn't it rewarding to find something you really really enjoy? It's very grounding.

love,
r