Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm BearyBear...like to meet my "pa"?

Get it? Like to meet my "paw"? Here is my teddy bear that I've had since I was a wee one. (You can read into "wee" whatever you want.) He used to say things when you pulled his string, like the title. He also said things like "I think I'll go to bed...set the alarm for Spring!" and "I'd like a peanut butter and honey sandwich" and "I can't see the forest for the bees! Ha, ha, OW!"
A couple of BearyBear thoughts:

First, can someone please tell me how I can remember all the sayings of BearyBear when I can't seem to memorize Scripture to save my life? (I'm also an expert in TV commercials from the 70's...)

Then there is the nagging question...is it OK for God to be my BearyBear once in a while? I mean I know I'm supposed to serve God and love Him and that I've been created for His plan and purpose and all that Christian-eaze stuff (JS...you got your ears on?....sorry bro!) But sometimes I need comfort and joy and peace and security that comes from knowing God through His Son Jesus. Is that OK? Maybe I need to spend a little time just hugging Jesus today...how about you?




5 comments:

Greg Cox said...

I prefer my "Harry Baby" but I do think that there are times when we just need a little love. I am reminded of Linus and his blanket. It reminds me that God's grace is there for us not only to strengthen us, but also to get us through those tough times.

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Sure. Sometimes it's good just to let Our Father be a father (if that makes any sense).

Prettybird said...

It's definitely OK.

Anonymous said...

Its all cool brother. I have a blanket (like Linus instead of the bear). And its Chritianese. Grace and Peace, John

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Funny...you and your little friend have the same haircut.