Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Gettin' the team together, an' 'at.

Last night, I was reminded again of how BLESSED I am to be the pastor of Cornerstone Church of Cranberry, or C3 as I like to call it. Our Ministry Management Team met at Primanti's restaurant for 3 hours of team building, prayer (yes right there in Primanti's...talk about March Madness!!!), Bible study, laughter, and conversation about what it means to be the church. There are four other people on the team, and it is just awesome to walk with the Lord together with such a dedicated and enthusiastic group of believers. I think it is great that we hold leadership meetings in the community where we are seeking to save the lost. It is awesome to talk about reaching those who need a relationship with the Lord through Jesus Christ right in the midst of so many who do...instead of hiding behind the walls of a church. It seems to me that we Christians don't get to spend enough time with unbelievers...we isolate ourselves. That's not what Jesus often did, and as a Christ-follower, I am challenged to "go and do likewise." I just want to praise the Lord for a great group of people with whom to serve HIM!

4 comments:

Greg Cox said...

Agast - you met at Primanti's - how could you?

I remember once being a part of an event in Cranberry. All of us in the event went to dinner. The decision was to go to Primanti's.

One of our members of the group REFUSED to go to an establishment such as that because the served alcohol. They were one of those "holier than thou" types.

Guess you were fraternizing with the enemy according to this one.

But I agree - why should we simply deny the opportunity to pray and minister in the midst of the world. It doens't mean that we have to give into those standards.

Good for you and the management team.

Matt said...

I miss Western Pennsylvania...I miss Quaker Steak and Lube, Primanti's, Wholey's...Apparently, I miss Western Pennsylvania's food...I wish that I had somewhere like Primanti's to go with my team...We've only got Zaxby's, which is good, but not that good...

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts Brett -- I've rescheduled some of my upcoming meetings out of the church. Grace and Peace, John

Brett Probert said...

Greg... right on. In the world, not of it.

Matt...and we miss you!

John...that's just what Romans 12 folks do! Peace out boy scout.