Monday, March 26, 2007

Hearing but not obeying...

As you can see, I've changed my picture again...this is one with me and "my boy" Shadrach! He is a great dog...I love him to pieces. But he is a great reminder to me of how disobedient I can be. Shad always hears my commands. But it is only the fun ones that he acts like he hears. (You wanna go for a walk?) The others, he pretends like he didn't hear! (Stop your barking!)

And don't we do the same with the Lord? We seem to pick and choose what we wish to obey and blame it on hearing loss! Sorry Lord! Thanks for being so loving...and may I even stop barking when you tell me to today!

7 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

I agree...

...you are disobedient.

Randy Roda said...

If I obey...do I get a milkbone

Brett Probert said...

Randy...you can have a milkbone if you go outside and go poop first.

Chris said...

Brett, you hit the nail on the head...it says in Luke 6:46, "Why do you call me Lord, Lord, and do not do what I say?"

Forgive me Father.

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Boy, you guys who like "contemporary worship" sure have a lot of guilt. Coincidence?

Keith H. McIlwain said...

The Church calendar is only a good tool for...

...oops, wrong blog.

Anonymous said...

My dog Midas loves to roll around in smelly stuff. When I find out he tries to avoid me until I catch him and clean him up. Unfortunately this is too close of a parallel story between me and God. I roll around in smelly stuff, I go to see him with my tail between my legs, and then he cleans me up. When will I just learn to stop rolling around in the smelly stuff in the first place?