Sunday, April 08, 2007

Of hollow chocolate bunnies, and such...



Jesus is alive. You ask me how I know He lives? Well, because He lives within my heart. And Jesus lives in the lives of the people called Cornerstone Church.

We had an amazing worship service today and wrestled with why we "look for the living among the dead." We learned that "money", or "a honey", or "things that make you feel funny" are the equivalent of a hollow bunny! (If that makes no sense, you'll have to listen to the message ) The only thing that truly brings life and happiness and peace and lasting purpose is Jesus Christ, risen from the dead. We can look elsewhere, but we'll only find things that bring death. We must look for life in LIFE Himself!

Now I can't wait for next Sunday when we kick off a new series we're calling "The Time of your Life." We want to explore how the life that Jesus brings can transform every area of our lives. Remember, next Sunday is our big "Bring a Friend" push and we're serving refreshments afterwards. Let's bring some friends who need an introduction to LIFE, and let's show them "the time of their life!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brett,

I just want to thank you for your enthusiasm. I can "see" the joy you have in your ministry. It is a blessing.

We also had one awesome Easter.

Blessings
Renaye

Brett Probert said...

Thanks Renaye. I'm praising the Lord for you and your ministry, and I'm glad you and Rich rocked out this Easter. Lori starts this week so one of these days we'll get together and do lunch! Peace out girl scout.

Randy Roda said...

I only eat solid chocolate bunnies...but great thought. All you guys with all of your Easter Celebrations are making me miss serving churches again. It's o.k. though...I'm celebrating through all that you're doing for the kingdom

Chris said...

Brett, I'll be praying for your "bring a friend" Sunday.