Friday, May 04, 2007

Life Size CANDYLAND!!!

Saturday is the BIG DAY! After months of preparation, we will open the doors of our ministry center from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm to host Life Size CandyLand! We did this last year and had about 100 kids from our community participate. Thanks to lots of marketing and advertisement, we are hoping for 500-600 kids this time around!!! And it is way bigger and better this year!!! Each "station" of the Candyland game will be hosted by a character actor. The kids will be the players and will go through the game in search of the sweetest thing of all...Jesus. Each of the stations represents a fruit of the Spirit so the kids will learn about who God is and how He can transform our lives as they live the dream of life size Candyland!

7 comments:

Randy Roda said...

I can remember playing Candyland with my kids. I used to cheat, so one of them could win.

Greg Cox said...

Shoots and Ladders. Now that was a game. You could do a whole Wesleyan Spin on it - backsliding, sin and all. I cheated like a Lawyer when I was a kid, but in the end it never worked. I always landed on that huge ladder at the point when someone was looking. Alas

Hope things go well on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I didn't get my invite... Save some candy for Monday. Have a great day my prayers will be with you. Grace and Peace, John

Prettybird said...

Life Size Candyland was awesome!! I can't believe the amount of work that went into that setup. It was beautiful! My biggest fear was finding Claire face down in the pool of chocolate!!

Personally I loathe Candyland (the game). This was much better! Our church was going to try Life Size Texas Hold 'Em, but we couldn't work out the details.

love,
r

Eric Park said...

Super idea! Thanks for sharing it.

I'm just glad that your favorite game isn't OPERATION! "OK, kids, time to remove Pastor Brett's funny bone!"

Allene said...

This is such a great program. Did it come from within your church or is it a copyrighted program? I think it would be a great basis for a VBS program.

Brett Probert said...

No program here...just the brainchild and hard work of a few faithful women of Cornerstone!