Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The pressure is ON!

My pastor friends are apparently "profiling" me according to my blog entries! Oh, the danger of living in such a public forum!!! One of them said that I have absolutely no ability to engage in theological dialogue. True story! Greg said that I apparently have a devotional life because I sometimes post about what I'm studying. Boy, do I have him fooled!!! I REALLY need help with that. But, in a good way, I feel 'pressured' to work on my devotional life and to blog about it more. Thanks dud...I mean dude.

The people called Cornerstone share a devotional journey each week. It is one of our core values. Today's entry is from Ecclesiastes 3:4. We're in the midst of a message series entitled "The Time of Your Life." In it, we are discovering that God intends for the Christian journey to be joyful, even if it isn't always easy. In this verse, He reminds that there is a time for everything....including laughing and dancing. Why do we find it so easy to cry and grieve (and moan and groan!) and we struggle to laugh and dance?

I think I'm going to take the rest of the day off and dance. I may not laugh, but others sure will!

8 comments:

Prettybird said...

I love to dance! I'll meet you there!

r

Greg Cox said...

Once again, brother, you have begun a journey with devotion. If there is anyone who can learn about what it means to dance, and dance with the word of God, it would be me. I started my day with administration, and responding to email.

Once again, I contend that you are where I need to be - fooled or not.

Anonymous said...

Brett, you made me laugh just thinking about it! I was actually dancing earlier though (now it's your turn to laugh!)

Eric Park said...

We can dance if we want to.

We can leave your friends behind.

'Cause your friends don't dance.

And if they don't dance, well, they're no friends of mine.

(Cryptic philosophy from the 1980's)

Randy Roda said...

Brett..."Joyful even when it isn't easy" are words I badly need to hear. Thank you for your devotional tidbits.

Greg Cox said...

Thanks, Eric. I didn't want to sing that song all day, but now I am.

Brett Probert said...

Actually, one of my favorites. Maybe second to "Electric Avenue"...now THAT was music, not this noise these kids are playing these days...

Eric Park said...

These young whippersnappers and their rock and roll!

Dance on, brother!

Fondly,

Wang Chung