Wednesday, May 09, 2007

What a MESS!


Last night (taking advantage of some much needed "free evenings" time!) I read a book. That's right, a whole book. It was a small book of only 140 pages entitled "Messy Spirituality" by Mike Yaconelli. Oh my, what a book. This is the best book I have read in a long time. (OK, you caught me...it is the ONLY book I have read in a long time, but still, an EXCELLENT book) Wow...I couldn't put it down. I was laughing one minute and crying the next....fantastic.

The nutshell: God loves you most when you're a mess.

The reality: I'm a mess.

The good news: God loves me A LOT!
Tomorrow, I'll share my most earthly affirmation of this truth, ever. Stay tuned...same time, same blog.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Can't wait. I have heard from other people that this is a great book. Glad you got a "free evening" to read it.

Randy Roda said...

Brett...you are speaking to my heart, bud. That's two days in a row you had good news I needed to hear. Even though I am a mess right now...God loves me!

Eric Park said...

Hi Brett.

Great book indeedy, bud. Thanks for calling it to mind.

Yaconelli's illustrations in that book are powerful glimpses of eternity for me.

He certainly helped me to understand that discipleship to Jesus is not the sanitized and formulaic reality that we are often so eager to make it out to be.

Anonymous said...

Excellent book. Maybe I'll take it on vacation next week and read it after I run. Grace and Peace, John

Ashley said...

everyone says its a good book my sunday school teacher was actually just talking about that book wow.. i may be getting baptized in the creek this august just thought u might like to know

Brett Probert said...

ashley, that is AWESOME!!! I am thrilled to see how you're growing. You really need to read that book...you'll love it. Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Brett, so is tomorrow a relative term -- back at yah man... Have an awesome weekend... and I await the great revelation as you await my blog... Grace and Peace, John