Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Brainstorming!


Last evening our Ministry Management Team met for a fantastic brainstorming session. We tried to meet at the North Park Deckhouse for dinner but the wait was 30 minutes so we moved the session to Dairy Queen! DQ was equally crowded, but we managed to snag a booth.
What a great time...we focused the entire evening's discussion around one issue: Christian discipleship. We talked about what we're trying to accomplish in that and how to best approach it. We came up with an approach that melts together small groups, our Stepping Stones discipling ministry, and community outreach.
I am so excited...I could hardly sleep last night. I am surrounded by some great people who help me to think clearly and to keep my focus. I am a way better pastor because of the people God puts in my path...thank you Lord, and thank you my friends!
God says through Solomon in Proverbs 11:14 "For lack of guidance a nation falls, but many advisers make victory sure." I'm thankful for those who are helping to make the victory...HIS victory...sure!

6 comments:

David said...

Brett,
A personal plea that you might send the Stepping Stones materials to another pastor (me) as I begin Discipling with two on two, plus the pastor in two weeks.
Thanks
David Camphouse
dcampho at yahoo dot com

Chris said...

Amen brother. God is good and when we remember our call - ie, why we do what we do, it DOES keep us up. Prasie God for His faithfulness!

Randy Roda said...

Brett...your enthusiasm about ministry makes me jealous. I miss that feeling. Sounds like you're casting a great vision at Cornerstone.

Brett Probert said...

David...will do, buck-a-roo. I'll email you.

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Good to see that you haven't forgotten the FUN of ministry!

Anonymous said...

Brett, always great to see how you work as a team at Cornerstone! Prayers are with your ministry.