Monday, June 18, 2007

Took a Break!


Here is a picture I took on our mini vacation. OK...that was a joke.
I was at Annual Conference for a week...a great time was had by working with the youth. I was frustrated as usual with the politics and a incessant penchant for talking about ministry instead of doing it. No wonder the United Methodist Church is losing people instead of building the Kingdom. When will we learn? When will we stop doing the same things while expecting different results? Lord, have mercy.
Then I took 5 days off to just rest and goof. Here are the highlights:
I almost finished the backyard dirt leveling project. Woohoo! Just a little grass seed, straw, and rain and I am good to go.
I slept!
I played my guitars A LOT!
Carla and I did an overnight tent camping trip to the place you see pictured...NOT! Actually we went to Raccoon Creek State Park and had a wonderful time. We hiked and talked and just reconnected with one another, the creation, and the Creator. What a great time.
Now I'm back...refreshed...and ready to go. Thank you Lord for your refreshing Spirit....

6 comments:

Greg Cox said...

Rumor has it that you put on a shirt and tie, some long pants, and Shoes! too.

Chris said...

Good to share with you this morning. Good to be back!

Brett Probert said...

Greg...you gotta send me the pix w/ the tie and shoes...I'm not sure I believe me!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a restful time away and didn't start reading my blog all one entry of it till you came back. Suit and tie... Miracles do happen...

Randy Roda said...

Glad you got a break!

Anonymous said...

I did see this man in a white robe and a red stole. Dude, you looked way too cool. Too bad you had cut off blue jean shorts under there.