Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Christmas in July? How about Thanksgiving?


I'm preaching this weekend on LIGHT. I can't wait...gonna be pretty cool. But one of the "biggies" in Scripture dealing with light is what Jesus says in Matthew 5:16: "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." We are called to let our lights shine, not for our own glory, but for the glory of the King and His Kingdom!

So what does Thanksgiving in July have to do with it? I'm glad you asked! I just want to express my thankfulness to the Lord for those in ministry with me...the people called Cornerstone Church...who are letting their lights shine for the Lord.

I am thankful for an awesome group of professionals with whom to work. Pat, Laura, and Lori, you're the best. I really feel thankful for our sense of teamwork! You go girls!

I'm thankful for the Ministry Management Team. You are friends and true advisors. You four rock...better than the Beatles!

I'm thankful for my Worship Brainstorming Group who helps me to be a much better preacher than I could ever be on my own!!!

I'm thankful for ministry teams that are gettin' 'er done. Teams working together to make sure our eyes are on Jesus. Awesome.

I'm thankful for the new people God is bringing our way. What a blessing to see so many new faces joining our joyous crowd of worshipers.

I'm thankful for the countless numbers of people who do all kinda crazy stuff behind the scenes that sometimes nobody but God sees (and sometimes me!) This is what makes it all really happen, and I'm thankful to each of you...you know who you are!

Last and most, I'm thankful to Carla. What an awesome life partner God has given me. I could never be the Christian, husband, and pastor I am if weren't for her! I can't wait to spend July 4th with her...then July 5th, and July 6th, and July 7th, and, well, you get the picture. God has so blessed me with her...words escape me.

Can you tell I'm thankful?

6 comments:

Randy Roda said...

I can't wait to visit Cornerstone on my summer blogroll tour. I hope I get a free t-shirt or something!

Brett Probert said...

When are you coming? I'll see what I can do!

CIT 2006 Devotional said...

sure we'd love for them to join it.. they are CIT's also! =).. but we're still your favorite hehe jk

Brett Probert said...

Of course you are!!!

Ashley said...

i just wanted to let u know that my 2nd CIT is for S.A.C.K camp..whatever that is lol ill be gone the next 2 week..i dont feel like typing it out so if u wanna see go 2 my blog lol

Jeff Vanderhoff said...

Thanks for encouraging us to be thankful and to count our blessings, Brett! Your rocking better than the Beatles comment may elicit a rebuttal from a certain blogger on this roll, but I think you're probably right! I'm thankful for God's grace, His calling, and above all, for the hope that we have in Him.