Monday, July 02, 2007

CIT Week is Over...

Well I am back from Camp Allegheny and I had an awesome week. I was leading the camp that teaches teenagers how to become counselors in our summer camping program. I had a wonderful group of teens and we had a blast. They all passed the course and will now come back to spend a week on their own working with the counseling staff of another camp. The weather was pretty good, I had a couple of great adults to help me, and God was good! (He still is, BTW!)

This picture shows a couple of my CIT's (counselors-in-training) receiving training on nature and how to relate creation to the Creator. Leading that session was Dennis Tawney, camp director and environmental biologist type person.

All in all, I had a blast, but I'm glad to be back. Next Sunday after worship, I'll be joining the Cornerstone Mission Trip Team on a mission to Philippi WV. I can't wait! The Kingdom is not about sitting and talking, but about going and doing....and we are!

12 comments:

Greg Cox said...

Tree conservation? Didn't you teach them to start a fire? burn marshmellows? burn your hand on a pie iron?

Great to hear you had an awesome week!

Eric Park said...

I'm glad to hear that it was such a good experience, Brett.

Although, for some reason, the image of Bill Murray in MEATBALLS comes to mind.

I know that you are not a movie guy, but I think you get my point!

Randy Roda said...

Does this mean you are going green?

Brenda said...

Glad to hear you had a great week at camp.

Greg Cox said...

"Attention all campers, ah, it's now 9:30."

signed Bill Murray from Meatballs

Anonymous said...

Too bad your nephew Ben still hasn't recovered from the embarassment caused by Bill Murray constantly drawing attention to the fact that he was his uncle!!!

Brett Probert said...

OK...a few comments. #1. I have never seen Meatballs so I don't have a clue what most of you jokesters are talking about.

#2. Ben threw down the challenge when he threatened to pretend like he doesn't know me. Oh my, what a mistake...

Ashley said...

i talked to katie and carly and they said they had a good time which is obvious with u and karen lol i hope everythings good on ur side of the world?

Charlotte said...

I'm so glad you had a great week at camp. Kids really look up to you, Brett. It was so wonderfully apparent at AC. You are blessing to so many!

Chris said...

Good to have you back in the land of Bloggers!

Jeff Kahl said...

Glad to hear that the Methodists in this area provide such incredible camp experiences! I'm the sure the Lord will use you and your team greatly in West Virginia!

CIT 2006 Devotional said...

brett its ashley and stacy we made this thingy if u wanna check it out u can okayy