Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Wheat and the Weeds

Tomorrow, I'll be sharing the parable from Matthew 13 about the wheat and the weeds. Only Matthew records this parable of Jesus, which is curious in and of itself. The parable is a tough one, to be sure. Here are some thoughts:

At our parsonage, there are some weeds in some of the flower beds. This afternoon, I am going to spray them with RoundUp weed killer. That will take care of them...

I hope none of the spray gets on the flowers...

I like to think of myself as a flower...

I am probably closer to a weed than I am a flower...

I wonder if God ever thinks about using "weed killer..."?

6 comments:

Abby said...

isn't RoundUp supposed to be able to only kill the weeds and not the flowers even if some gets on the flowers? i thought i saw commercial about that. but i wouldn't know from experiance.

Brenda said...

It did not kill our flowers when I used it last weekend.

Greg Cox said...

I think of you more as a wild flower. Sort of like a goldenrod, aka, ragweed!

Randy Roda said...

I have allergies to weeds and flowers. My eyes are watering just thinking about it.

Chris said...

Roundup kills everything... grass, shrubbery, whatever. Watch out if its a windy day...the overspray will travel and kill something that you didn't mean to kill.

Chris said...

Did I say kill enough?