Tuesday, October 02, 2007

He Who Is Not With Me...


Jesus said "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters." (Matthew 12:30) An interesting statement, to be sure. What does He mean?

Well last night Carla and I attended the Bishop's Night on the District gathering at St. Paul's United Methodist Church in Allison Park. He had a very inspiring message about life and how to choose it for our churches. This verse came to mind as he was speaking, because I believe this is what Jesus was saying to His disciples in the first place.
We must choose to follow Jesus, which according to Him in this statement is simply being "with" Him. If we are not, then we have chosen, without even choosing, not to be with Him. As the Lord tells us in 1 John 5:12 "He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life." Choosing to be with Jesus is a choice for life, and all that it can be. Not being with Jesus is a choice to die...in every sense of the word.
For the people called Cornerstone, as much impact as my leadership can have, I choose to be with Jesus. And, therefore, I choose life.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen Brother! Glad to be on the life road together with you!

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Gracious words.

Greg Cox said...

Are you willing to live on that hill?

Chris said...

I love that thinking - I'll live on that hill with you brother!

Randy Roda said...

Ultimately...everything comes down to that choice! Thanks for making it real.

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Y'know, DYING on a hill isn't necessarily a bad thing. I know I guy who did it once...

Brett Probert said...

For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Chris said...

I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today.

Jeff Kahl said...

You really know how to preach it, Brett! Keep on telling it like it is!

John Shaver said...

Missed you Monday but thanks for the great words!