Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Man, Was I Thirsty!!!


So I cancelled my appointments today and spent the day at the park with God. Here is what He said to me:

"Come, all you who are thirsty,come to the waters;and you who have no money,come, buy and eat!Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. 2 Why spend money on what is not bread,and your labor on what does not satisfy?Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. 3 Give ear and come to me;hear me, that your soul may live.I will make an everlasting covenant with you,my faithful love promised to David. 4 See, I have made him a witness to the peoples,a leader and commander of the peoples. 5 Surely you will summon nations you know not,and nations that do not know you will hasten to you,because of the LORD your God,the Holy One of Israel,for he has endowed you with splendor." (Isaiah 55:1-5)


Thanks Lord....I really needed that. I'm claiming those promises, and thanks for prompting me to spend the day with you....

6 comments:

Jeff Kahl said...

I know that feeling. I walked into our sanctuary on Monday, sat in the front pew, looked straight up at the cross, and prayed for about an hour. I was weeping by the end of it. It was like God said to me, "Why is spending quality time with Me such a chore?"

Brett Probert said...

Jeff...amen. Did you get an answer?!

Jeff Kahl said...

Brett,
Check out the newest post on my blog. Basically, I find it's real easy to rationalize all the other things that try to take God's place.
So, the answer was..."Make time with God your top priority...period!"
Jeff

Unknown said...

Good for you Brett. I am glad you were able to get some time alone.

Bless you my friend.
Jeff

Chris said...

Glad you were satisfied brother. Drink deeply.

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Sounds like a good day.