Thursday, December 06, 2007

Hope!


This past Sunday in worship, we were experiencing the hope of the Lord together. How good it is to hope in something that will not disappoint us. And yet, how often do we fail to hope? Worse yet, how often do we fail to show it to those who are hopeless? One of Carla's favorite verses is 1 Peter 3:15. What a verse...always be ready to share the reason for the hope you have. In other words, our hope should show. Lately I am afraid my hope hasn't been evident. But fear not, for my hope is not lost. No, hope in Jesus doesn't disappoint us...

1 comment:

Jeff Kahl said...

Thanks for sharing that, Brett.

When work gets overwhelming (as it tends to do this time of year), I tend to get very negative and overwhelmed, and I fear that all too often I allow that to interfere with my witness. Christmas should be the time when Christians are most hopeful, most joyful, most optimistic...and yet I look more frazzled, frantic, and cynical at this time of year than any other. God forgive me for that!